I started my career at Portland Bolt in March of 2001 after working in the public accounting field for a few years. Although I did have a family connection with the ownership of the company, I started out on the sales desk like every other salesperson. This was important to me, because without learning from scratch I would never be as successful. During my years on the sales desk I have been fortunate to service many different industries and most importantly develop some wonderful relationships with a lot of our customers. In June of 2005, I became President of the company and with it came the management of the day to day operations. Presiding over our company is a great responsibility and one that I take very seriously. Although it sometimes means that I wear a lot of hats, I enjoy each one of them and look forward to what each new day brings. The company has grown substantially in the last 15 years and I couldn’t be prouder of all the people who make up Portland Bolt.
In so far as my family goes, Lindsay and I have four amazing daughters that keep us busy. We live in Wilsonville, OR (10 miles south of Portland).
- Education: Auburn University – Auburn, AL
BS in Business Administration
- Hometown: Birmingham, Alabama (a long way from Portland, OR)
- Movies: Rudy, We Are Marshall, and any other sports related inspirational pick me up
- Music: Being from the South, I of course like Country. I also like listening to the occasional Rock (AC/DC) or alternative (Bush). As long as I can hear and understand the words, I am usually game.
- Sports: I enjoy shooting hoops, tossing the pigskin, and playing golf. I am even up for running for exercise.
- Hobbies: Playing and engaging with my daughters and I have four of them so that can take up a lot of time. I also enjoy waterskiing, golfing, playing cards, watching college football, and I love to travel to new places. Fortunately I can do all these things with Lindsay and our girls which makes life really special.
A new hobby of mine is listening to an Oregon Duck fan sing the Auburn Fight Song. Take a listen to our very own Greg Lindsay singing War Eagle.