Portland Bolt is a financially sound organization whose business success has been built around the philosophy of providing unparalleled service, quality products, and on-time deliveries. Established in 1912, Portland Bolt manufactures large bolts and fasteners for construction projects which include high-rise buildings, bridges, power plants, and stadiums. For labor, warehouse, and shipping positions, please download this application.
Inside Sales Position
We currently have two positions available. Please submit a resume and cover letter if you are interested in exploring a career with Portland Bolt.
This is a fantastic entry-level position for a recent college graduate or someone looking for a career change. Portland Bolt is a manufacturer of large, nonstandard anchor bolts and construction fasteners.
This is an inside sales position, but sales is just a small portion of this multi-faceted job that includes account management, cost estimating, customer service, and other related duties. Our salespeople primarily field inbound calls and emails from an established customer base or prospective customers.
The successful candidate for this position will not need any previous sales or fastener experience, just a good attitude and a commitment to learning the specialized skills required to succeed in this fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will join 10 other salaried salespeople in an environment that promotes teamwork and striving to achieve overall company success far more than a commissioned environment does.
Bilingual (Spanish) candidates are encouraged to apply as we are developing an increased customer base in Latin American countries. However, the ability to speak Spanish is by no means a requirement of this position.
The estimating aspect of this position requires basic math skills and a desire to work with numbers. Since we manufacture nonstandard bolts, our salespeople calculate the costs of the bolts we manufacture (with the assistance of specialized software). Although we are not performing high-level calculations, the ability to convert feet to inches, fractions to decimals, decimals to fractions, calculate profit margins, and perform basic multiplication and division is a necessity.
- Customer service and account management.
- Estimating the costs associated with manufacturing bolts.
- Assigning appropriate profit margins to estimates.
- Selling bolts and fasteners primarily via the telephone to an established customer base made up of contractors, steel fabricators, and other construction-related companies.
- Sales order entry.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A 4-year college degree is required.
- Energetic, outgoing personality.
- Ability to think on one’s feet.
- Demonstrate strong decision-making abilities.
- Learn bolt specifications, estimating procedures, and salesmanship skills.
- Succeed in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Develop strong customer relationships.
- Demonstrate fundamental math skills.
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrate outstanding written and verbal communication skills with customers, vendors, and coworkers.
- Conversationally fluent in Spanish (beneficial but not required).
PORTLAND BOLT OFFERS AN EXCELLENT COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDING:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Annual profit-sharing bonus.
- 401(k) program with 25% company match.
- Fully paid medical and dental insurance for the employee and immediate family.
If you would like to further explore a sales career with Portland Bolt, please mail or email a cover letter along with your resume. Failure to provide a cover letter will eliminate you from consideration for the position.
Portland Bolt & Manufacturing Company, Inc.
Attention: Greg Lindsay
3441 NW Guam Street
Portland, OR 97210