The American Society for Testing and Materials is an international standards organization that develops and publishes voluntary consensus technical standards for a wide range of materials, products, systems, and services.
- ASTM A193 Alloy steel and stainless steel bolting materials for high temperature or high pressure service.
- ASTM A307 Carbon steel bolts and studs, 60,000 psi tensile strength.
- ASTM A320 Alloy steel and stainless steel bolting materials for low temperature service.
- ASTM A325 Structural bolts, steel, heat treated, 120/105 ksi minimum tensile strength.
- ASTM A354 Quenched and tempered alloy bolts, studs, and other externally threaded fasteners.
- ASTM A449 Quenched and tempered steel bolts and studs for general use.
- ASTM A490 Structural bolts, alloy steel, heat treated, 150 ksi minimum tensile strength.
- ASTM F593 Stainless steel bolts, hex cap screws, and studs.
- ASTM F1554 Anchor bolts designed to anchor structural supports to concrete foundations.
Casting / Forging Specifications
- ASTM A153 Zinc coating (hot dip) on iron and steel hardware.
- ASTM B695 Mechanically deposited zinc coatings on iron and steel.
- ASTM F1941 Electrodeposited coatings on threaded fasteners (Zinc plating).
- ASTM F2329 Zinc coating, hot dip, for bolts, screws, washers, nuts, and special threaded fasteners.
SAE International (Society of Automotive Engineers) is a standards development organization with fastener specifications that apply to the aerospace, automotive, and commercial vehicle industries. SAE bolts are also used in machinery, equipment, and OEM applications.
Canadian Standards Association