Portland Bolt is a financially sound organization whose business success has been built around the philosophy of providing unparalleled service, quality products, and on-time deliveries. Established in 1912, Portland Bolt manufactures large bolts and fasteners for construction projects which include high-rise buildings, bridges, power plants, and stadiums. Download an application.
Inside Sales Position
Currently, we do not have an opening in our sales department.
This is a fantastic entry-level position for a recent college graduate or someone looking for a career change. Portland Bolt is a manufacturer of large, nonstandard anchor bolts and construction fasteners. This year we are celebrating our 100th anniversary and we are looking for an exceptional individual to join our team.
This is an inside sales position, but sales is just a small portion of this multi-faceted job that includes account management, cost estimating, customer service, and other related duties. Our salespeople primarily field inbound calls and emails from an established customer base or prospective customers.
The successful candidate for this position will not need any previous sales or fastener experience, just a good attitude and a commitment to learn the specialized skills required to succeed in this fast paced environment. The successful candidate will join 8 other salaried salespeople in an environment that promotes teamwork and striving to achieve overall company success far more than a commissioned environment does.
Bilingual (Spanish) candidates are encouraged to apply as we are developing an increased customer base in Latin American countries. However, the ability to speak Spanish is by no means a requirement of this position.
The estimating aspect of this position requires basic math skills and a desire to work with numbers. Since we manufacture nonstandard bolts, our salespeople calculate the costs of the bolts we manufacture (with the assistance of specialized software). Although we are not performing high-level calculations, the ability to convert feet to inches, fractions to decimals, decimals to fractions, calculate profit margins, and perform basic multiplication and division is a necessity.
- Customer service and account management.
- Estimating the costs associated with manufacturing bolts.
- Assigning appropriate profit margins to estimates.
- Selling bolts and fasteners primarily via the telephone to an established customer base made up of contractors, steel fabricators, and other construction related companies.
- Sales order entry.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A 4-year college degree is required.
- Energetic, outgoing personality.
- Ability to think on one’s feet.
- Demonstrate strong decision-making abilities.
- Learn bolt specifications, estimating procedures, and salesmanship skills.
- Succeed in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Develop strong customer relationships.
- Demonstrate fundamental math skills.
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrate outstanding written and verbal communication skills with customers, vendors, and coworkers.
- Conversationally fluent in Spanish (beneficial but not required).
PORTLAND BOLT OFFERS AN EXCELLENT COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDING:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Annual profit sharing bonus.
- 401K program with 25% company match.
- Fully paid medical and dental insurance for the employee and immediate family.
If you would like to further explore a sales career with Portland Bolt, please mail, fax, or e-mail a letter of interest along with your resume. I will gladly accept phone calls to discuss this position or answer questions. Contact Greg at 503.219.6994.
Portland Bolt & Manufacturing Company, Inc.
Attention: Greg Lindsay
PO Box 2866
Portland, OR 97208