Merced, California, United States
Opened in 2005, University of California, Merced is the 10th campus in the University of California system, with both undergraduate and graduate level programs. In 2016 the university started designing an ambitious expansion with construction scheduled for completion by 2020. The project includes:
- Academic and Research Space (Wet, Dry and Computational Labs plus graduate student space)
- Student Life Facilities and multi-use student organization and activity spaces
- 1,700 student residential beds integrated with student life space
- 1,500 parking spaces
- Competition pool
- Conference Center (Venue for campus and community events)
- Student Wellness Center
- Competition Soccer/Athletic Field
- Early Childhood Education Center Expansion
- Dining Facility
In February of 2018 Portland Bolt supplied high strength A354 Grade BD anchor rods for the Lab 2A Wet/Dry Research Laboratory. The lab is one of three teaching and research buildings for the new Academic Quad. As with many projects, our customer found themselves in need of material on a rush. In one working day we were able to manufacture over 200 high strength rods and ship, which was one day faster than quoted. With the urgent needs taken care of, we were able to finish the bulk of the order including more anchor rods, bent anchor bolts and custom plate washers to keep the project on schedule.
With our 94,000 square foot facility, job tracking down to the individual labor operation, and over 700,000lbs of steel in 23 diameters and 12 grades on hand, we have the ability to tailor our production schedule to fit your needs. Whether you need your bolts in 2 months or 2 days, give one of our friendly sales people a call and we’ll be happy to help.