Plaquemines Parish, LA, USA
The Empire Locks in Plaquemines Parish, LA provide vessels with access to the Mississippi River and prime fishing grounds in the Gulf of Mexico. The locks were opened in 1948 and are 200 feet long by 40 feet wide. The locks have survived many hurricanes including the massively devastating Katrina in which the eye passed directly over in August of 2005.
This was a much more routine maintenance job in which the locks’ wooden walls needed to be replaced due to standard wear and tear. Portland Bolt provided long, custom length galvanized timber bolts and shear plates. Because the locks are run by the US Army Corps of Engineers, all material needed to be domestic and have full certification documents which we automatically email along with the shipment tracking information on every order.