March Madness Bracket Challenge
Calling all Bracketologists!
After a one-year hiatus, the NCAA Men’s College Basketball Championship Tournament is back. Let the madness begin! With some of the perennial powers like Kentucky relegated to the sidelines, the tournament is wide open. This is your opportunity to prove that you are the King Bracketologist!
Fill out your free bracket and compete against more than 200 of our current and prospective customers, vendors, business associates, and employees for a chance to win Amazon gift cards, cool Portland Bolt gear, and the coveted championship trophy!
- Champion: A $150 Amazon.com gift card, a Portland Bolt polo, a Portland Bolt basketball, and a custom engraved trophy
- Runner-up: A $50 Amazon.com gift card, a Portland Bolt polo, and a Portland Bolt basketball
- 3 Random Winners: A Portland Bolt polo and a Portland Bolt baseball cap
Friday, March 19th at 12:00 PM ET is our pool’s pick deadline!
Career Position Available
Portland Bolt is hiring an Inside Sales Representative!
Do you think you have what it takes to excel as a Sales Representative with one of the leading fastener manufacturers in the United States? If so, we want to hear from you! To learn more about the position and to receive consideration for this job, please follow the submission instructions on the Careers Page of our website.
Tie Rod Adjustability
How much adjustability does a tie rod assembly provide?
Tie rod assemblies are used for cross-bracing of structural steel columns and supporting steel awnings on the sides of buildings. Tie rod assemblies consist of rods with threaded ends, clevises on the ends of those rods, and often turnbuckles in the middle of the assemblies.
Once the tie rod assembly has been installed, it can be tightened by rotating the rod or by rotating the turnbuckle when one is included in the assembly. How much can these assemblies be adjusted? Our new Tie Rod Adjustability FAQ answers this question.
Meet Steven Wallenstein
Steven has been working at Portland Bolt since 2006. He works within a variety of industries including customers that manage projects in places like Guam and Hawaii. In his free time, he enjoys going to music festivals, concerts, and is an avid outdoorsman who enjoys hunting and fishing. Steven created and manages one of our most popular microsites: www.tierodassemblies.com.
- Education: Linfield College – McMinnville, Oregon
- Economics, Minor in History
- Hometown: Portland, Oregon
- Movies: Dumb and Dumber, Army of Darkness, Heat
- Music: Grateful Dead, Yonder Mountain String Band, String Cheese Incident, Umphrey’s McGee
- Sports: Softball, hunting, fishing
- Hobbies: Scuba diving, windsurfing, traveling