The American Society for Testing and Materials is an international standards organization that develops and publishes voluntary consensus technical standards for a wide range of materials, products, systems, and services.
- ASTM A193 - Alloy steel and stainless steel bolting materials for high temperature or high pressure service.
- ASTM A307 - Carbon steel bolts and studs, 60,000 psi tensile strength.
- ASTM A320 - Alloy steel and stainless steel bolting materials for low temperature service.
- ASTM A325 - Structural bolts, steel, heat treated, 120/105 ksi minimum tensile strength.
- ASTM A354 - Quenched and tempered alloy bolts, studs, and other externally threaded fasteners.
- ASTM A449 - Quenched and tempered steel bolts and studs for general use.
- ASTM A490 - Structural bolts, alloy steel, heat treated, 150 ksi minimum tensile strength.
- ASTM F593 - Stainless steel bolts, hex cap screws, and studs.
- ASTM F1554 - Anchor bolts designed to anchor structural supports to concrete foundations.
Casting / Forging Specifications
- ASTM A47 - Ferritic malleable castings intended for general use.
- ASTM A48 - Gray iron castings intended for general use.
- ASTM A536 - Castings made of ductile iron, also called spheroidal or nodular iron.
- ASTM A668 - Untreated and heat-treated carbon and alloy steel forging for general industrial use.
- ASTM A194 - Carbon and alloy steel nuts for bolts for high pressure and high temperature service.
- ASTM A563 - Standard specification for carbon and alloy steel nuts.
- ASTM F594 - Stainless steel nuts.
- ASTM A153 - Zinc coating (hot dip) on iron and steel hardware.
- ASTM B695 - Mechanically deposited zinc coatings on iron and steel.
- ASTM F1941 - Electrodeposited coatings on threaded fasteners (Zinc plating).
- ASTM F2329 - Zinc coating, hot dip, for bolts, screws, washers, nuts, and special threaded fasteners.
- ASTM A615 - Deformed and plain carbon steel bars for concrete reinforcement.
- ASTM A706 - Deformed and plain low alloy steel bars for concrete reinforcement with enhanced weldability.
- ASTM A36 - Carbon steel shapes, plates, and bars in general structural purposes.
- ASTM A572 - High strength, low-alloy structural steel shapes, plates, and bars.
- ASTM A588 - High strength, low-alloy structural steel improved atmospheric corrosion resistance.
- ASTM F844 - Unhardened, general purpose, flat washers.
- ASTM F436 - Hardened steel washers.
- ASTM F959 - compressible washer type direct tension indicators (DTIs) in diameters 1/2 to 1-1/2 inches
- ASTM F2437 - compressible washer type direct tension indicators (DTIs) in diameters 1/4 to 2-1/2 inches
SAE International (Society of Automotive Engineers) is a standards development organization with fastener specifications that apply to the aerospace, automotive, and commercial vehicle industries. SAE bolts are also used in machinery, equipment, and OEM applications.
- SAE J995 - Mechanical and material requirements for steel nuts.
Canadian Standards Association